I found this really good recipe on www.homedistiller.org it’s so good I need to share it. If you are looking for recipes or information on home distilling or making moonshine even building stills homedistiller.org is the place to look.
Espresso Infused Vodka or Moonshine
1. 500mL Vodka; 100 proof
2. 250mL cup Espresso
3. 1 lb Sugar
4. 1 bean Vanilla, Split or 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1. Heat espresso and slowly incorporate sugar.
2. Let cool to room temperature.
3. Add vodka and stir.
4. Pour mixture into a large jar and add Vanilla bean/Vanilla Extract.
5. Let age 6 days, shaking every other day.
6. Strain/Filter and bottle.
I’ve found that the wire mesh coffee filters do the best job. If you don’t have an espresso maker at your house, just stop by your local coffee shop and pick up a cup. 250mL roughly equals 8oz. The finished spirit makes killer white Russians and is great just on the rocks! Nostrovia!